22 Oct Hotelcloud powered the technology during Hotels Curated in NYC on October 4th 2013!
This event took place Friday, October 4th 2013, from 2PM to 5PM at 55 Gansevoort Bar in Meatpacking NYC.
This half-day exciting event comprising panel discussions and a networking cocktail reception brought together influential leaders in hospitality design, technology and branding to discuss opportunities and challenges in the lodging sector, especially in the trendy and boutique hotel space. With renewed optimism in hotel development, and consumers looking for the ‘It’ property, new hotels are increasingly trying to differentiate themselves from the competition. Two elements are critical in infusing uniqueness into a hotel property – its brand and its design. Both these elements affect not only consumers’ initial desire to book a room, but also their experience during the stay and their subsequent decision to return or not.
With increasing consumer preference to stay in differentiated hotel concepts that offer unique experiences along with a strong “sense of space” – Hotels Curated NYC is focused on finding – and understanding – how innovative hotel properties and brands are developed and created.
Hotels Curated NYC spotlighted Art and Innovation in Hospitality. The event highlighted the marriage of branding, design and technology within the hospitality industry – especially as it relates to creating new and innovative hotel spaces that not only have a revenue upside potential and customer loyalty benefit, but also create community and value for the neighborhoods they inhabit.
Hotelcloud’s major role on this event
We checked in attendees, speakers, sponsors and partners in at the entrance with our iPads and 27 inch touch screens.
To allow this check-in process, we created a special app for this event that contained:
– Event info about:
- Speakers’ title and background
- Partners, etc.
– Hotelcloud hotels’ app with:
- Description pages
- Hotel services booking
- Local activities
With this app and the check-in process we wanted to explain attendees how we put technology in the heart of event and conference in hotels world such as Hotels Curated.
David, our Founder, spoke to the audience during a speech about how Hotelcloud views art and innovation.
Discussions Panel 1 – the Producers
This panel consisted of influencers in hotel development and operations that consistently capture that amorphous “It Factor.” These movers and shakers discussed what goes into development and brand creation, their past projects, successes (and failures), lessons learned, and current trends shaping the industry.
Showcase – the Innovators
A special Showcase of Technology startups revolutionizing the hospitality industry touching a range of aspects of the hotel experience. The Showcase featured quick pitches from select innovative companies leading the next wave of hospitality tech and service-delivery. Innovation expert highlighted how hotels can incorporate the next generation of consumer technology in their business models to gain competitive advantage and greater consumer mindshare.
Discussions Panel 2 – the Creators
This panel consisted of designers and architects of products and services who discussed how innovations in design, architecture and technology are being applied towards creating cutting-edge properties offering unique guest experiences.
– Michael Achenbaum, President, Gansevoort Hotel Group
– Michael Adams, Editor in Chief, Hospitality Design Magazine
– Shawn Basler, Principal, Perkins Eastman
– Jeffrey Beers, Founder and CEO, Jeffrey Beers International
– Winka Dubbeldam, Founder and Principal, Archi-Tectonics
– David Duncan, President, Denihan Hospitality Group
– Anita Durst, Founder and Artistic Director, Chashama
– Julie Frank, Director of Design, Global Brand Design, Le Meridien Hotels
– Benjamin Habbel, Founder and CEO, Voyat
– Steven Kamali, Owner and Operator, Hospitality House
– Joel Montaniel, CEO and Founder, SevenRooms
– Brendan McNamara, Brand Director, Dream Hotels, Night Hotels
– Will Obeid, President and CEO, Gemini Real Estate
– Jason Pomeranc, Co-founder/Creator, Thompson Hotels
– Cheryl Rosner, CEO and Founder, Stayful
– David-Benjamin Brakha, CEO and Founder, Hotelcloud